- Ability to track email statistics.
- In-built Photo editing feature.
- Simple interface.
- Free agency option (partially white labelled)
- Zero limits on integrations.
- 12,000 emails/month in the free plan.
- May have less specialized features than some other tools, but the tool is easy to navigate.
- The automations are thin.
- Spam testing isn't available.
On the world of email marketing comes MailerLite whereby they believe in no other option but simplicity. The Lithuania-based company came up with a simple and user-friendly content editor, a well-simplified subscriber management and campaign reports with the most important statistics. This company had the brash to get head-to-head with MailChimp and Sendinblue – offering a simple but competitive offering that’s both simple to navigate, but still a guru at what it does. In this review, we’re going to try and go as much in-depth as we can into why we believe MailerLite is a great choice for small businesses and startups (even for larger businesses) as well as specific use-cases to make the most of the solution.
Getting started, signing up for an account on Mailerlite is free and easy, click on the “sign up” button in the top right hand corner. You will see a page where you need to provide your company name, email address and choose a password. And then when you’re done, click on “create my account” and you will be redirected to your new MailerLite account. Next, after creating your MailerLite account, you’ll need to complete 2 steps to validate your account: Tell us about you and your company which is the “complete your profile” and “request approval”whereby you verify your website address. This approval is needed when you open an account and whenever you chose to upgrade your subscription plan.
Get Our List of Must-Have Free Software Tools
Mailerlite has the features of what looks like a “Free Forever Plan” but events starts to unfold when you start paying. You are made to realize the fact that it is cheaper than a lot of other tools.
It is an email marketing system that is fully featured, although may not be as robust as MailChimp. The software is not perfect for everybody, it is not the end-all-be-all of email marketing especially for people who are not yet ready for a more robust financial based system yet.
One has to bear in mind to the fact that it’s integrations although still growing as a program, it is still limited. The feature whereby if you are selling something on your WordPress blog or WordPress site where you also want to add someone to a segment when they purchase products are not yet available.
MailerLite does not integrate with Zapier or any other integration service. The automations in MailerLite are really good and are way more robust then the MailChimp. MailerLite still offers a wide range of choices when it comes to things like newsletter and form options. And this, coupled with their fast and simple editor, really feels unique when you’re on their ‘Free Forever’ plan.
Lowest Priced Plan: $15 / month (paid annually) for 1001-2500 subscribers per month with unlimited emails.
Highest Priced Plan: $50 / month (paid montly) for 10,001-15,000 subscribers and unlimited emails.
The pricing begins with 12,000 emails; if you compare that to how much the average small business sends through tools like MailChimp or Sendinblue – this is actually an extremely generous amount. MailChimp’s premium tier begins at around 2,000 contacts and permits unlimited emails, but the problem is that most small businesses aren’t sending emails beyond once or twice a week.
The pricing policy has proven to be an email marketing software designed to help people of all skill levels create professional and personalized marketing campaigns. The costs for Mailerlite are quite low compared to a lot of other solutions, particularly when it comes to such a versatile and powerful tool.
Despite the fact that the fees are relatively low, Mailerlite still comes up with a well-built email marketing platform, all-round intuitive interface and a wonderful drag-and-drop editor that is great for creating compelling newsletters. Users can now even track the results of the campaigns that they built using Mailerlite’s range of report and analytic tool.
Features & Benefits
- Up to 12,000 emails per month provided free.
- Developer API.
- Ability to track email statistics.
- In-built Photo editing feature.
- It allows users to tailor their email to their liking based on the arrangement and type of content being displayed.
- Mobile friendly which means Newsletters and emails made through MailerLite are optimized for viewing in smartphones and tablets.
- Custom HTML Editor
- Cost Effective because businesses can now maximize their email marketing efforts without spending too much.
PROS (for the Highest Premium Plan @ $50/month)
- Free newsletter templates.
- Removal of the Mailerlite logo
- Use of custom domains.
- Ability to auto-resend campaign to subscribers who did not open nor click any links.
- Unlimited domains.
- Additional analytics such as click heatmap.
- Ad integrations with Facebook.
- Chat integration.
- Dedicated IP included.
- The A/B split testing which lets you test various campaign alterations to see which performs better.
One significant difference between Mailerlite and other email marketing providers is the fact that it is cheaper than Mailchimp and you get to use all the free features even in the free plan.
The automations of MailerLite are also a bit better as compared to MailChimp. But the reporting feature of MailChimp is much better than MailerLite. So, if reporting is not your prime concern then Mailerlite is a better pick.
- The automations are thin.
- Spam testing isn’t available.
- MailerLite has shown overtime that it can occasionally become slow you import a lot of contacts.
- Slow to load the designing tables.
- It takes time to get used to the email template creation features.
CONS for Paid Plans:
- Limited advanced features, even for paid plans.
- Segments and groups can be confusing
- Rigorous approval process
Mailerlite enables us to automate numerous tasks as regards email marketing. Mailerlite also enables it’s users to send personalized welcome messages to users who subscribed newly to the software. It also offers a lot of freebies, creating of content upgrades as well a free 6-day course tutorial. MailerLite enables you construct a well organized email list and makes you able to send emails only to interested subscribers.
Mailerlite automation is like a robot but it is made to make your life easier. It will make your emails easier and more targeted. The automation lets you send the right email to the right person and at the right time. Emails are triggered when a user takes an action and the content can be tailored to the individual which increases relevance. It is advised that you automate your welcome emails to make the messaging that you send more relevant. It is similar to receiving a handshake and a warm smile the first time you meet someone.
Self Segmentation is all about relevance e.g if you are shopping for a car and you get an email about buying a boat, it won’t make any sense but with segmentation, you can divide your audience by what they like. Automate lead nurturing involves awareness consideration and decision making. Last, automate retention makes you keep your customers happy. 80% of email marketers reports that email marketing is the number one driver of retention.
The use cases vary for depending on the business mainly because is flexible, and fairly easy to use. WordPress plugins and third party services have direct integrations with the tool which is favorable for those with little or no financial war chest. The software enables updating database because having the most accurate subscriber information across all your tools is critical.
Also, creating an internal newsletter archive feature allows you to get notifications when a campaign is sent, you can also use it to create a newsletter archive. You will automatically get a preview link of the campaign, which allows you to create a newsletter archive for record-keeping. MailerLite is ideal email marketing software for a starter.
- Mailerlite offers the ability to connect you connect your e-commerce to email automation which is a feature that enables you build customer loyalty.
- Ability to expand your audience beyond email using Facebook.
- Any online business or website that’s looking to get started and doesn’t have so many users. Even if a website accumulates a number of bad or inactive email addresses, it won’t count against the total.
- Mailerlite is perfect for a restaurant or any store-front that wants to engage with their customers on a long term basis by sending emails or automated notifications; a business can easily encourage people to sign up to join your list by providing a link or Q-code, that will therefore link the customer directly to the Mailerlite form, from where they can now quickly sign up.
- Apart from the fact MailerLite pricing system is affordable, it is also loaded with features made exclusively for bloggers, including RSS campaigns, video marketing, and a WordPress integration.
GetResponse is an email marketing platform which enables you to create a valuable marketing list of prospects, partners, and clients, so you can develop relationships with them and build a responsive and profitable customer base
Constant Contact - this is an email marketing software that can provide a wide range of spontaneous marketing applications that is designed specifically to help small businesses grow as well as nonprofits expand their customer base and build a customer-friendly relationship
MailerLite was created after reading a book titled Rework by Basecamp which one of the best selling book about business, a perfect playbook for anyone who’s ever dreamed of starting up something on his/her own. In the first year, MailerLite’s revenue was 1,652 EUR. As a growing company, it took them at least 3 years to hit their first million. In the spirit of celebration, they therefore came up with their first big purchase which is a coffee machine something that went on to be part of their DNA. An amazing 864,516 businesses, startups and freelancers all around the world have made MailerLite their first choice. Their office is based at Vilnius in Lithuania, but their team work exclusively from places like the USA, Germany ,France,Mexico, Thailand and even in Bali. MailerLite sends more than 1 billion emails on a monthly basis. In 2019, MailerLite was recognized to be the 5th fastest growing SaaS business worldwide.
The limitations of the MailerLite free plan makes it impossible to get access to the following:
- Newsletter templates.
- Custom HTML editor.
- Live chat support.
- Custom domains for landing pages.
- Auto resend to those who didn’t open or click.
- Delivery by timezone.
- Email click maps.
- Ability to open by location.
MailerLite services are hosted by a well known certified and trusted data that is located in Lithuania. MailerLite has shown that it is committed in handling the highest standards of operation. Through this, the storage center has a recognized issued information storage security certificate (ISO 27001), and the certificate of IT service management (ISO 20000).
Do You Have More Questions? Comment Below & We'll Do the Research!
Specification: Mailerlite – Email Marketing Automation Software
Wordpress Plugin, SaaS
CRM integration, Data import/export, Gamification, Open API, Scheduling, Social integration, Tracking
|Email Marketing Features||
3rd Party Integrations, Advanced Analytics, Advanced Email Sending Features, Basic Analytics, Database Management, Email Autoresponder, Email Broadcasting, Email Templates, Social Media Integrations, Workflow Management, WYSIWYG Email Builder
Annual Subscription, Freemium, Monthly payment
Email Support, Phone Support